Image Map

Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Classroom Tour!

Welcome to Room 105!  Here is a tour of my classroom all ready for First Grade Orientation, complete with a Pinterest/TpT makeover!

My classroom door.  LOVE my canvas sign
from Etsy, by Faith @ The Drawing Board!
Dismissal Details from my TpT store
will soon have a clothespin for each student.
This is the math corner.  I'm trying out Debbie Diller's Math Workstations for the first time this year!  Our workstation management is in the blue pocket chart, and the workstation materials are in the rainbow tubs stacked on the floor.  Math materials are in the containers on the bookshelf.
My writing center! The bulletin board set is from A Cupcake for the Teacher.  Hanging file folders will hold students' current writing pieces.  Pencil cups have sharpened/unsharpened pencils and big pink erasers.  Paper trays have different writing paper styles - portrait format, landscape format, letter format, etc.  The white binders are empty now, but soon the kids and I will decide on 5 topics of interest (family, pets, vacations, sports, etc.), and the kids will get to write "chapters" for each binder during Daily 5 Work on Writing.
This is our Daily 5 board and Listen to Reading table.  The kids have the option of listening to the CD player at the table here or taking a portable player (in the blue tub) to a comfy spot in the room.  The cute and colorful Daily 5 posters are from The Teacher Wife and The Down Under Teacher!
We will use this "Time to Go Shopping" management system for the kids to pick new books for their Daily 5 book boxes.
View from the door!
One (very busy) wall of our classroom.
The front of my classroom (and my favorite place) - our meeting area. :)
A view of the classroom from my desk!  Much more organized than it will be once the kiddos come! :)
Filing cabinet space - homework/note turn in for the students, morning procedures poster, attention grabbers from Miss Nelson.  On top - unfinished and finished work baskets, library book bin, and brain breaks from 3rd Grade Thoughts.
Bulletin board near my desk - birthday board from The Go To Teacher.  I will add kids' pictures for each month soon.  Reminder Cards classroom discipline plan and Classroom Helper Kit can be found in my TpT store!
The reading nook of our classroom library!  The kids love these beanbag chairs so far (from Walmart).  Hopefully they hold up!  The white bookshelf will soon hold our Author of the Month books.
Another view of our classroom library/reading nook.  The "Welcome to 1st Grade" banner was made by The Pirdie Birdie on Etsy.  It adds a lot to that area of our room  - Thanks Tammy! :)  
This is about half of our classroom library.  I was very lucky to inherit a TON of books from a retiring teacher my first year, so our baskets are bursting!  I organize my books by topic and use a number system for the kids to find where each one belongs.
The back of our room - coat hooks and storage.  These magazine boxes are from The Dollar Spot at Target.  They will be our Daily 5 book boxes!  This little nook is also the perfect spot for the "Great Work Hangs Out Here" display (from Really Good Stuff).  I always have the kids' work hanging from that clothesline.
The view from the back of our classroom.
Found these super cute orientation treat tags on TpT!  A great freebie - thanks Liv to Teach!
I printed this banner from Vistaprint.  I originally found the idea on Pinterest, but am not sure where.  If it was you, please let me know so I can give you credit! :)
I still get nervous before Orientation night.  My chocolate wrapper gave me fitting advice right before the kids and their parents arrived. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment